Many people try to balance a career and an MBA. It requires extensive planning, hard work and devotion to succeed. But the rewards at the end of the road can be worth it. Here are some tips for achieving this fine balance between work and MBA studies.
1. Doing a full time program maybe out of the question for busy professionals. So the wise thing to do would be to consider an online MBA, so that it becomes easier to balance studies and work.
2. There will be times when it will be necessary to take time off from work for completing the course program. There will be times when it will be important to go home early to study. So share with your employer that you are doing an MBA. This way if ever you need to go home early, your employer will understand that you are taking time off for a good reason. In case the MBA program adds value to your current role, your employer might be even more supportive of your studies.
3. You will have to manage your time extremely well. Draw a plan of when you have time to study and how much you intend to cover in the short time that you have. Chances are between work, travel and household responsibilities most of the time on the weekdays will find you fully occupied. You will only find time to study on the weekends. That is why you will have to make good use of this limited time and make sure that you plan your studies well and allocate portions suitably.
4. Set deadlines and put your best effort to achieve them.
5. Balancing studies and work is stressful. So make sure that you take a break every now and then so that you do not fail at both due to fatigue.